TERMS OF TRADE■■■
- Methven Travel Limited accepts no responsibility for delays beyond its control or cancelations due to weather conditions or natural disasters.
- Methven Travel Limited reserves the right to cancel scheduled services up to 24 hours out if there are no bookings.
- Methven Travel Limited products and services are sold subject to the Carriage of Goods Act 1979.
- Conditions of Carriage or Terms and Conditions, or if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or it is necessary for the safety or comfort of other passengers or for the protection of property. If you are travelling with an electronic itinerary or an account booking, you must provide to the driver at the time of travel, a valid booking number.
- If baggage carried in the dedicated luggage trailer is damaged, lost or destroyed during carriage you must notify Methven Travel Limited in writing within 7 days from when you travelled.
- Methven Transport Limited undertakes to use its best efforts to carry you and your baggage within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with the itinerary it issues you but does not guarantee to do so.
- Smoking or the consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on any Methven Travel Limited’s vehicles or that of its contractors or agents.
Customer Telephone Contactability
- You must provide Methven Travel Limited with telephone contact number for the purpose of our operations staff facilitating your service leading up to and at the time of transfer.
Reporting Time at Pickup Point
- You must report to your pickup point 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Failure to meet this report time may result in the delay or even cancellation of your service.
Dangerous Goods Prohibited
- For safety reasons, articles such as the following must not be carried in your luggage Loaded firearms
- Corrosive materials (such as alkalis, acids, wet cell batteries, mercury).
- Explosives (Fireworks and articles that are easily ignited).
- Flammable liquids and solids Poisonous, toxic, infectious substances.
- Radioactive materials.
- Compressed Gases (Deeply Refrigerated, Flammable, Non-flammable and Poisonous).
- Other dangerous goods (such as offensive or noxious materials).
- Methven Travel will not accept bookings for unaccompanied children less than 13 years of age. Any such children must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or more.
- Guide dogs are welcome on Methven Travel Limited vehicles. Please notify the presence of your guide dog at the time you make your reservation.
- Passengers who require somebody to lift them on and off the vehicle must arrange for these services at their pick up and drop off points. For any reasons of driver safety, drivers are not permitted to participate in carrying on and off the vehicle.
Extent of Liability
- The Liability of Methven Travel Transport Limited for damages resulting by reason of the personal injury or death of a passenger may be excluded in accordance with the Accident Insurance Act 1998 and the Accident Insurance (Transition Provisions) Act 2000.
Cancellation and refunds
Bookings are essential and boundaries apply.
Cancellations made up to 12 hours of departure receive a full refund. Cancellations 2-12 hours before departure receive a 50% refund, cancellation 2 hours or less of departure, and no shows will not be entitled to a refund. All cancellations are subject to agent fees.
Please label luggage with name tags. Collapsed, self-propelled (propelled by the person sitting in them) wheelchairs, and walker frames can be carried by we need to be notified at the time of your reservation. No electric wheelchairs or scooters can be carried.
Passengers who require somebody to lift them on and off the shuttle must arrange for this assistance at pick up and drop off points. Drivers are not permitted to participate in lifting passengers.
Timetables published are indicative only. Methven Travel Limited reserves the right to alter prices and timetables and to arrange alternative transport and routes without notice.
Methven Travel Limited runs a scheduled service to and from Mt Hutt.
- No refunds are offered if we reach the mountain, 50% refund if we don’t pass the Info Booth. Due to Mt Hutt closing early or failing to open.
While every intention is to run on time, Methven Travel Limited accepts no responsibility for delays beyond our control.
Methven Travel Limited reserves the right to refuse travel to any passenger deemed to be in an unfit state to travel.
The departure of the 3 p.m. Ski Bus is subject to numbers.
Ski Bus tickets will be refunded in full if Mt Hutt is closed for the day or your ticket can be used any other day of the season.